5 And He said to them, Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and will say to him, Friend, lend me three loaves [of bread],
6 For a friend of mine who is on a journey has just come, and I have nothing to put before him;
7 And he from within will answer, Do not disturb me; the door is now closed, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot get up and supply you [with anything]?
8 I tell you, although he will not get up and supply him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his shameless persistence and insistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.
9 So I say to you, Ask and [b]keep on asking and it shall be given you; seek and [c]keep on seeking and you shall find; knock and [d]keep on knocking and the door shall be opened to you.
10 For everyone who asks and [e]keeps on asking receives; and he who seeks and [f]keeps on seeking finds; and to him who knocks and [g]keeps on knocking, the door shall be opened.
God is a good Father who desires to give good things to His children. He will give us whatever we ask for. One of the foundational principles in the kingdom is we must ask. Everything in the kingdom is voice activated. We must verbalize our need to the Father. Yes God knows our needs before we ask Him but He is more interested in developing intimate relationship with His children. He wants to connect with us in place of asking, this allows us to interact with His heart.
Ascending levels of determination
- Jesus gives us an exhortation to ask, seek and knock in the place of prayer to receive your requests.
- Ask, seek and knock are ascending levels of determination in the realm of prevailing prayer.
- Asking, Seeking and knocking are continuous actions. This prayer is call the prayer of importunity.
- Importunity can be defined as shameless persistence.
- It is making a repeated, annoying request or demand.
- If were going to see revival and spiritual awaking we must have fixed determination to see the goodness of God in the land of the living.
- Modern day Anna’s will be women who are sincere, fervent constant, persistent and enduring in seeking the face of God for generation. They will cultivate the art of continual pressing of your demand until the door was opened. These women must be insistence in prayer there must be the throwing of your entire being in prayer. Stretching out in prayer.
- You continually hear the voice of God in the area of awakening
- You have a divine sense of urgency and compassion for a situation
- You have a lamentation, which is where you feel pain for, what could be or should be.
- You have the burden of the Lord which when a heavy weight comes upon you to carry throughout the earth until the task is complete. A lamentation we make you put yourself in danger to resolve that issue. Like Queen Esther to go before the king even though it was against the law and she could loose her life for it.
- Esther in this time of awakening had permission to act like the title. It was after she made this decision that she is referred to as Queen Esther, her gift of leadership was activated after three days of fasting and she begin to operate in the authority of Queen.
- You will also have a priority change, your life will no longer about self-preservation but fulfilling the purpose of God.
Those with Anna anointing will press the needs of this generation before the throne of God with an
- energy that never tires,
- a persistency that will not be denied, and
- a courage that never fails.
This type of prayer keeps increasing in intensity. The prayer of importunity is shameless because it has not regard for self. Modern day Anna’s will have the heart of importunity which has no regard for themselves but to be so caught up with the needs of another that they think only of that need and how God can fill it. God is releasing an anointing on modern day Anna that will wait with perseverance; they will develop courage that will never surrender until they see the grace and glory of the Lord fill the earth.
One of the greatest tragedies of our generation is not homosexuality, nor legalized abortions that many in the church will not persevere in prayer. There are many Christians who trust the sovereignty of God in a non-biblical manner. Many question or blame God for allowing bad things to happen on the earth. The Lord has given believers through the grace of prayer the ability effective the quality of life on the earth. God have given the earth to the children of men. We have a responsibility to administrate the will and purpose of God in the earth.